Coffee Estates of Chikmagalur

Chikmagalur is best in rainy season. Camping in a little tent on the top of Mullayangiri peak and enjoying the Malnad showers is my ideal holiday. Though my vacation was mid-summer in May, I still couldn't help but admire the vast coffee plantations and huge estates. Coffee berries used to get me high. Not really. But the aroma of coffee, especially Chikmagalur Coffee is something I adore after visiting local addas in Chikmagalur town.
Chikmagalur Coffee Plantations
The Coffee estate I visited seemed like the entire jungle. To top it, it was on the hill side. So it looked like the gorge in the forest with trees and mountains and ofcourse streams. Our host was kind enough to explain us through the life history of a coffee berry to the coffee bean we buy.
Pineapple nestling in the estate
Some estate owners also run homestays for guests. Though I stayed at Shakti resorts, I would have preferred the home stays at estates which are more hospitable and professional. The recent launch of resorts by Cafe Coffee Day group, Serai is a great option for those willing to stretch the budget. Don't forget to include a trek to Mullayangiri. That was a great part of my trip!
Up the Mullayangiri peak after an early morning trek
Read my trip summary here

Comments

  1. The EagleEye Holiday Home is located deep in the lush western ghats. This Holiday homestays offers more than your average getaway with the comforts of home away from home plus the convenience and beauty of being in Mother Nature's arms.for more details visit http://eagleeyeholidays.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. trip to chikmagalur gives a rare experience that we find hard to experience in othr parts of karnataka. Great camera work. Mullayanagiri looks stunning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chikmagalur is a place full of wildlife, waterfalls, hill stations and coffee plantations in and around Mullayanagiri. If anybody interested to buy coffee estate at Chikmagalur, where we can help you to setup your own plantation along with all support, security and legal documentation. Check the URL given

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hii...Informative post.Thanks for sharing with us.I liked the way you put up the information.I am panning to visit br hills resort and also bandipur resorts this weekend with my family. because their facilites,sevices offered at low cost,Wildlife Safari really really awesome..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts