Travel Post Card: Mt. Pilatus



This is shot from the cog wheel train up to the top of Mt. Pilatus in Switzerland. Mt. Pilatus is famous for the world's steepest cog wheel train. Way to the top is a wonderful journey. A ferry across Lake Lucerne, seen in the picture which is surrounded by Alps on 3 sides and the town of Lucerne on the other. As you get off the boat and sit in the train that proceeds up the Alpine mountain at a steep angle, you can't but wonder at the nature that is kept so intact despite the technology operating at full force.
The way back is just as thrilling as you take cable cars all the way down from the top of the peak.
http://www.pilatus.ch/content-n188-sD.html


How do you get there?
Lucerne is the nearest town and can be reached from all big cities in Switzerland by train. You can buy round trip tickets at Lake Lucerne. Round trip costs much lesser for Eurail pass holders. I paid a small amount, I remember :-)

Comments

  1. That looks really wonderful. Hope I get a chance to climb up there once..

    Ram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ram, you should really go for it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, Swiss is definitely on my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I remember this taking this wonderful trip when I was there. The photo is wonderful reminder of that.

    Where are you heading to now?
    I am sorry, I am late here as I am still recovering from Dengue fever. :(

    But was reading all your posts thru reader.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Nisha. Hope you get well soon. Just back from a trip to Malnad area. Will get those posts up soon :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts