Photo log: Himalayan cats

Though I like animals and love to play with pets, I'm not exactly a wildlife person. When I do see some as close as this, I would rather click away.
Snow Leopard
Himalayan Palm Civet
Lazy Bum, another Himalayan Palm Civet

Looking for free snacks, Himalayan Palm Civet

Leopard.
This leopard is one that just touched my heart. He was so used to being in a cage and looked at as a show piece, that he knew to pose for pictures and parade along the cage railing. The leopard had indeed lost his wild side and behaved like a little puppy. Sad, but Cute!

Comments

  1. good shots sneha...where in himalayas were these clicked?

    Nomad
    www.rajniranjandas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was in the Himalayan Zoological Park, Gangtok

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first one - Snow leopard is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. they need to be let free in a wider area at least...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent work..!! I really liked the first one of that snow leopard..!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good.. Where were these taken.
    I too have been in the wild last week, but did not encounter the big cats. Check this out..

    http://www.photography-travel.com/2010/12/hike-in-wild-at-parambikulam.html

    Ram

    ReplyDelete
  7. Recently I had been to a zoo and saw there leopards. They are really dangerous.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts