City Scene: Hyderabad

The first time I traveled to a place to see the art scene. So to believe, the art scene in Hyderabad is better than in Bengaluru. Starting with M.F.Hussian's multi million dollar paintings to mid sized art galleries spread all over Banjara hills and Jubilee hills, the art appetite seemed encouraging. This gallery I exhibited at is called Kalanirvana and is located in Bowenpally, Secunderabad. 
 With me being the only conventional artist, every other piece of art was a amusement to my eye.

This is the old car we found at M.F.Hussain's dilapidated house in Banjara hills. The property which housed him and his art gallery is now under continual renovation as the artists has relocated to Dubai along with his art works after his paintings portrayed Hindu Gods in obscenity and created political hue-and-cry in India.


Irani chai with Osmania biscuit amused me so much that I made sure to stop by at Paradise every day before my visit to the art gallery. The Irani tea is made of thick milk and mild spices and salt and served in very small cups. Osmania biscuit is salted butter cookie. There are different variants to the biscuit. It can be sweet, sweet and salt, salt, cashew flavour, fruit flavour and so on. Oh, I love Paradise, I mean the bakery :)

Comments

  1. City is so rich with cultural heritage... not sure if it remains to attract the masses after all these riots in AP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hyderabad is famous for its Nawab Culture.It is really wonderful to visit Hyderabad.It is famous for its rich and heritage culture.Book Bus Tickets in advance in the leading bus ticket booking portal.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment