Here is the basic information on Aadhaar: what and why! http://uidai.gov.in/
1. Download the Aadhaar application form online or fill it in the centers. It is not at all complex. http://www.karnataka.gov.in/nammaaadhaar/download-appforms.html
2. You need to provide Date of Birth and Proof of Address.
The Identification documents you can use:
* Voters ID
* SSLC / state level board exam certificate
* Driving license
Full list here http://www.myaadhaarcard.in/documents-required-for-aadhaar/documents-required-for-aadhaar/
I just gave my SSLC marks card and Voters ID copies. But I had them attested (optional). It was sufficient.
3. Within 5-10 minutes of your application submission, you will be called for photo, finger prints, iris and details verification. This is done quickly by the set up. If you are mentally comparing it with US standards, stop! This is India and we already close.
Make sure you verify your details, name , Dob, address, etc
4. Collect your printed acknowledgement immediately and save it.
5. Check your Aadhaar status after 24 hours here https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
|8 setups of young officers entering your data. The Aadhaar application center is the basement of Karvy building in Vani Vilas road, Bangalore|