Apr 1, 2014

Amsterdam Canal ride

When in Amsterdam, take a canal boat ride! That's my mantra for anyone visiting Amsterdam or living here. I have been fascinated by the canals from my very first visit 5 years ago. I loved itbbraveand continue to love the canals till date. Until a dirty mouse came to my house from there. No, I still love the canals.

The easiest way to see Amsterdam is by foot. If you need a break from walking the city,  or want yo see the city throught the canals take the canal boat ride. just sign up for an hour long ride. It starts at two different points in thr city and is run by several operators. The price is 16.50€ thesedays.

one point to start is the Rembrabtplein area and another is the Anne Frank house. Since i started around the Rembrantplein area, one of the first sights was the line of seven bridges. Thoose are the seven bridges in the same line,althkugh you cant count after 3 becaue they are quite apart. 

Then you go around Jordaan neighbkurhood and see the only Protestent church. It bears the 3 Xs. That is the city symbol of Amsterdam. It was awarded by the queen in recognition of Amsterdams brave fight in the second world war.

1 comment: